Tuesday, April 13, 2010

2nd Life: Good or Bad for learning?

When I think of 2nd life I think about how people can go on there and create a character and move it around a map sort of like the game the sims. I think that using 2nd life could be a fun way to teach about geography and other social studies kind of topics. I understand it would take a while for everyone to create their character and to learn how to use it but I think in the long run it has a lot of positive effects that can be used in the classroom. I think it would be good to do at the beginning of the year so that everyone can get to know each other in a new way that involves technology. I also think that it would be important to use technology in the classroom for fun and informative ways. I think that after everyone got used to using it, it would be fun to have kind of a geography scavenger hunt on it and have then use a map and directions to find points of interest.


No comments:

Post a Comment